The Sixth edition of this widely popular book is designed to introduce its readers to important concepts in Computer Science. Computer Applications and Information Technology through a single book complete with numerous illustrative diagrams, practical examples, chapter summaries, end-of-chapter questions and glossary of important terms. Computer Fundamentals is designed to serve as text book for various introductory courses in Computer Science, Computer Applications, Information Technology and other related areas.
Book Covers major topics in the field, including
- Characteristics, Generations, Classification and Basic organization of Computers
- Number systems, Computer Codes, Binary arithmetic, Boolean algebra and Logic Circuits
- Internal structure and functioning of CPUs, Memory, Secondary storage devices and I/O devices
- Commuter Software, its various types with examples and commonly used tools and techniques for planning development, implementation and operation of software systems.
- Computer languages, Computer networks, Operating systems and Database technologies
- The Internet, Multimedia computing systems and their applications and many more…
Reader will find this edition more useful than previous editions because :-
- New topics and classifications are added to various chapters, introducing readers to newer frontiers in computing
- The layout has been improved considerably to make the contents attractive and easier to read
- Illustrative diagrams and overall layout are improved to make the contents attractive and lucid to read